EPYSA has continued to sanction youth soccer for the fall season. APL, EDP, and ICSL are continuing with their league plans as well. HVAA Travel Soccer is moving forward. However, there are immediate changes to our safety policies. When playing at Huntingdon Valley's fields, it is essential that everyone follow our COVID-19 safety protocols. HVAA expects everyone to adhere to these policies at all times:
FOLLOW THE COVID & SAFETY POLICIES DURING PRACTICES AND GAMES:
- All coaches will be wearing masks at ALL times.
- All players will wear masks while at all times. We must follow the EPYSA and PA mandate requiring players to wear face masks during trainings, during games, and while on the sidelines. Per FIFA guidelines no gaiters, face shields, or other equipment is permitted and considered dangerous during play. (updated on November 18, 2020)
- All parents/guardians/spectators will be asked to wear masks at ALL times. Everyone must practice social distancing.
- All parents/guardians/spectators are expected to set up directly opposite of where their team will be on the sidelines and remain on their team's side throughout the game. Spectators shall position themselves at a minimum of six feet from other spectators. Spectators are not permitted on the field.
REQUIRED HEALTH & SAFETY SELF SCREENING CHECKS:
You are responsible for following these EPYSA recommendations:
- You or your child feels sick or has any symptoms of COVID-19 that you shall not attend the practice or game.
- You or your child who has had close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days should not attend the event.
- All people planning to be on site should bring their own face coverings and hand sanitizer.
- Every effort must be made to consistently social distance at least 6 feet from those outside of their immediate household.
- Anyone feeling sick should leave the facility immediately and go home or seek a healthcare facility.
With the latest guidance, HVAA Coaches will not be taking temperature checks prior to every game/practice. However, if a coach suspects that a child may be ill and/or displaying symptoms, he or she can take a temperature check. No-touch thermometers are available at all our HVAA fields.
ENTERING & EXITING PLANS FOR TRAINING AT VALLEY CENTER PARK:
- Turf Field - must enter through the main gate by the snack stand and exit through the side gates.
- Grass Field - walk up the hill to the left of the picnic area and walk down the hill on the opposite side.
Lastly, as you know, this is a fluid situation. It is up to all of us to follow the guidelines ensuring that we continue to play safely. HVAA is continuing to monitor the current situation and to prioritize everyone's safety.