In the event that HVAA sees weather coming in that will make the camp either unsafe or not playable, HVAA will contact all families regarding the cancellation. If the weather report is really solid we will cancel the night before camp. If HVAA feels that the weather may hold out we will wait until the day of camp to determine if the camp is canceled, and we will update families by no later than 8 o’clock the day of camp.
Safety is our number one priority at all times, and we are extremely mindful of the weather. If the weather radar predicts a thunderstorm approaching during camp hours, our outdoor camp program will be canceled for the day. In the event of inclement weather and the camp is canceled for ONE or TWO days, no refunds will be issued. If a camp is canceled for three days or more due to inclement weather, HVAA will revaluate this policy and announce any program updates due to the weather cancellation.
HVAA is a non-profit organization that has served our community for over 60 years and will do everything in our power to be fair to all of our families and to give them the maximum refund possible. We commit to doing so, while at the same time staying viable for the kids in our community for the future.