Travel Basketball Tryout Registration is Now CLOSED!
Players can NOT sign up at the door! No walk-ins will be accepted! We are NOT accepting any LATE registrations. HVAA needed to have the final number of participants registered by September 1st so we can plan the tryouts accordingly.
Please THOROUGHLY read all the tryout information on this page. You are responsible for all of the information there, including any/all links to additional information as you participate in the tryout process.
NEW LOCATION: TRYOUTS ARE NOW BEING HELD AT LOWER MORELAND HIGH SCHOOL!
Travel Basketball tryouts will begin on Monday, September 20th, and conclude on Thursday, September 30th. Players are encouraged to attend BOTH tryout sessions. All tryouts will be held at Lower Moreland High School, 555 Red Lion Road, Huntingdon Valley. Also, these are CLOSED door tryouts. The tryouts are closed door with only the head coach, evaluators, HVAA Basketball Director, and players allowed inside. Parents/guardians will check your child(ren) in for the tryout, and then return to pick them up at the end of the tryout time. NO spectators will be allowed into the gym at any time either before, during, or after the tryouts.
THE TRYOUT SCHEDULE HAS BEEN UPDATED! CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE TRYOUT SCHEDULE!
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS: Masks must be worn by ALL when indoors. The ONLY EXCEPTION to this masking policy is for the players. Players will need to wear masks when checking in for tryouts. However, players are NOT required to wear face masks when they are on the court for tryouts, practices, and games.
The tryout schedule is finalized. HVAA can not accomodate any tryout requests if your child has a scheduling conflict.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE DAY OF TRYOUTS
- ARRIVAL TIME: Follow the slightly altered tryout schedule. Please have your child arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of their session to check-in. PLEASE DO NOT LINE UP AT THE TABLE INSIDE ANY EARLIER THAN THAT.
- CHECK-IN & DROP OFF: Players will enter the high school from the main front door entry by the gym and come in and parents/guardians can walk them up to the check-in table.
- PICK UP AFTER TRYOUTS: Parents will then pick up their children at the main entrance as well. We will have the children exit there and will have a coach or evaluator be there with the kids until they get picked up by their parent/guardian.
- BRING WATER: Please make sure your child brings their own water bottle for the tryout, and make sure their name is labeled on their water bottle.
- LEAVE BASKETBALLS AT HOME: No player basketballs will be permitted in the gym from anyone attending the tryout (No Exceptions!). HVAA will provide all balls for the tryout.
There will NOT be a 'lost and found' during tryouts. All players are responsilble for their own personal belongings, like a child's water bottle, their sweatshirt, backpack, etc. Any personal belongings left at the gym following a tryout will be thrown away that evening. At drop off and at pick up, please REMIND your child to leave with their belongings.
NEXT STEPS POST TRYOUTS
- TEAM ANNOUNCEMENTS: If a player was NOT selected for a team. HVAA will notify them by October 10th.
- TEAM INVITES: Those players selected to play for a HVAA team will receive a team invitation by Sunday, October 3rd. Parents will have 48 hours to accept the invitation, otherwise a non-response would be considered a decline of the roster spot.
- PAYMENT & REGISTRATION: Those accepting the roster spot will have to register their child online and pay a non-refundable deposit of 1/2 the registration fee. The balance of the registration is required to be paid by in full by October 31st.
- UNIFORM FITTING: This year HVAA will have a BRAND NEW Travel Uniform basketball kit. Every player will be required to order the newly designed kit. HVAA’s uniform fitting date is Thursday, October 7th at the Red Lion Gym. The times will be posted to teams.
- ORDERING THE UNIFORM: The uniform fee is an additional cost and separate from the registration fee. Every player will be required to order the newly designed kit. Players will purchase the uniforms through our online store to purchase from Thursday, October 7th through Friday, October 15th.
- OTHER TEAM APPAREL & FAN GEAR: The store will include additional athletic gear for purchase as well, but the mandatory purchase items MUST be ordered by midnight on Friday, October 15th.
- TEAM PRACTICES: Practices for teams will begin in early October. Practices are usually CLOSED to parents, so please respect the coach's wishes if they choose to keep their practices closed. The practice shedule will be posted at a later time.
- TOURNAMENTS & SEASON INFO: All teams will play in two tournaments. Most teams will play BOTH of their tournaments PRIOR to the start of our ICBA travel basketball season (with one being the ICBA King of the Courts tournament), which begins towards mid/end of December. A few of the other teams may play a tournament immediately at the conclusion of their regular season. The regular season lasts through February with league championships after the end of the regular season.
If you have any questions, please contact our HVAA Basketball Director, Bob Santora, at email@example.com.