TRYOUTS WILL BE HELD FROM MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH THROUGH FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH.
The specific location, dates and times for each of the teams will be posted on the website and emailed to all that have completed the FREE Mandatory Online Registration to participate in the tryouts. REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE YOU REGISTER YOUR CHILD FOR TRYOUTS!
***ONLY THOSE THAT REGISTER ONLINE FOR THE FREE TRYOUTS WILL BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE. REGISTRATION CLOSES SEPTEMBER 6TH END OF DAY. NO EXCEPTIONS! THERE WILL BE NO SIGNUPS AT THE DOOR.***
The HVAA Travel Basketball teams that will participate in the ICBA are as follows:
BOYS: Grades 3 through 8 (1 travel team per grade level)
GIRLS: Grade 4 through 8 (1 travel team per grade level)
All teams will have at least 2 tryouts. It is strongly recommended that your child attend ALL tryouts for the team they are trying out for.
IMPORTANT TRYOUT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ!
- All tryouts are CLOSED DOOR to spectators and family members. Gym is closed to only the participants, the evaluators, and the coach chosen to conduct the tryout practices. Parents are respectfully requested to drop their child/children off at check in 15 minutes before tryout begins, and then to arrive at the gym to pick up their child/children no earlier than 5 minutes before the tryout end time.
- Independent evaluators will determine roster construction for each team.
- As opposed to last year, a blind copy e-mail will be sent to those participants that had attended tryouts but did not make the team.
- Invitation letters will go out to those participants that are being asked to join the team.
- Teams will practice twice per week beginning once team rosters have been created. Dates/times will be coordinated with the head coaches and director based on both facility and all travel coaches’ availabilities.
- Every team will participate in the pre-season ICBA King of the Court Basketball Tournament in late November/early December, along with ONE additional tournament that will be chosen by the head coach and director for each team.
- Regular ICBA season runs from early January through mid-March.
- Team sizes will be a MAXIMUM of 10 players and may in fact have as few as 8 players on the roster if deemed necessary by evaluators, coaches, and director.
- Registration costs include, but are not limited to, gym usage for practices and games, membership fees to the ICBA, team entrance fees to the ICBA regular season, team entry fees to TWO tournaments, referee fees for home games, equipment/training aids, trainers, and all administrative HVAA costs. Uniforms are purchased individually from the HVAA online store and are the same uniforms from last season. Any individuals from last year’s teams that make the team this season, are not obligated to purchase any additional uniform pieces if the previous year’s uniform fits them.
- **As a note for any/all returning players, due to increased costs of gym use time, the addition of a 2nd tournament to the schedule, along with shortfalls on training equipment/aids/etc. required of the program, registration costs will be increased over last season.